VINAYAK MART INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED E-WASTE RECYCLING POLICY
The Information and Communication innovation has brought enormous changes in the way we build our lives, our economies, industries, and institutions. These sensational developments in modern times have unquestionably enhanced the quality of our lives, but at the same time, have led to manifold problems including the problem of the massive amount of dangerous waste and other waste generated from electric products. Such waste acts as a serious threat to human health and the environment. The effect of proper management of such hazardous E-Waste is consequently critical to the protection of livelihood, health, and environment.
To deal with this ever-rising challenge of E-Waste, the government of India, through its Ministry of Environment and forest, formulated the E-Waste (Management and Handling) Rules in 2016.
Vinayak mart India private limited stands committed to implement the e-waste under e-waste rules.
- The Basel Convention sets wastes as- “Substances or objects, which are placed of or are intended to be disposed of, or are expected to be disposed of by the provisions of national laws”.
- E-waste has remained defined as-“Waste electrical also electronic equipment, complete or in part or rejects from their manufacturing and repair method, which signify intended to be discarded.”Whereas, Electrical and electronic gadgets has been described as:-Like hazardous waste, the general problem of e-waste has become an immediate and long-term interest as its uncontrolled accumulation and recycling can lead to major environmental problems endangering human health. Recycling end-of-life products is vital if we are to conserve resources and minimize waste. In this regard, we at Vinayak Mart India private limited for facilitating our Company and our customers to enable them to dispose of E-Waste products after its end-of-life.
As an environmentally conscious organisation, Vinayak mart India Private Limited has initiated various activities to promote e-waste recycling.
100% recycling plus disposal through authorized recycler to avoid the adverse effects of E-Waste.
Adverse Effects Of E-Waste
- Toxic material present in e-waste gets mixed with earth, air, water, etc and causes health issues.
- Oil & Gases which are present in e-waste like compressor and CRT cause environmental pollution.
- Batteries contain highly hazardous elements.
- Burning of rubber & Plastic in open areas causes air pollution.
- A bad impact on a human being, animal, and other animates.
- Wastage of natural resources.
How can you contribute to a greener environment?
- All electrical and electronic products are required to be handed over only to the authorized recycler for recycling.
- The E-Waste product should be handed over only to an authorized recycler for disposal.
- Keep the e-waste in an isolated area, after it becomes non-functional/un-repairable to prevent its accidental breakage.
- Please call on toll-free number 1800-123-1181 for the collection of E-Waste.
Why To Recycle.
- Conserve Resources
Creation requires raw resources. But when we recycle, extant material is put to use. Recycling saves this extraction of the fresh raw resources and revives the existing ones that are no longer of use. This way there is lesser exploitation and more conservation of natural resources.
2. Save Energy
Each time we recycle a product, it requires lesser energy than producing a new one from scratch. The considerable difference in manufacturing time is a result of skipping the usual process of extraction of raw material, its transportation, refining, etc., which is way more than having a market-ready product that to have a raw material ready for production.
3. Prevent Pollution
Production and disposal of products require a great deal of extraction, refining, processing, and dumping of material, which have a larger impact on the environment. By recycling, we cut down the pollution of air, water, and land, thus reducing greenhouse gas emissions and avoiding any contribution to global warming.
Don’ts for E-Waste
- The product should not be opened or dismantled by the User himself/herself, but only by authorized service personnel.
- The product is not meant for re-sale to any unauthorized agencies/scrap dealer.
- The product is not meant for mixing into the household waste stream.
- Do not keep any replaced spare part(s) from the product in an exposed area.